Wednesday 6 April 2016

Of course your dreams will be accomplished in your 30's

...or will they?

I've always had an internal pressure about making plans. It only seems logical, if you have dreams and establish goals for your life how do you start? You more or less (depending on how OCD-ish you are) plan it! It can be a 10-year-plan or goal, 5-year, 3-year or less. Depends on the type or person you are and/or how badly you want it. You may not even have a plan or plan for the tomorrow but you have a goal, a vision, a wish..things such as..I would like to go to Australia...I have a really cool job, I want to grow and be promoted to x-position in some time..I imagine myself with 2 kids...I wanna live in another area of this city, closer to the river or something...in some years I would like to move to another country to broaden my horizons..the kind of things you wish upon when blowing the candles in your birthday cake (or someone elses' birthday cake...who knows...maybe the wishes might be granted as well, they say there's always room for one more right?).

 I've never been very ambitious work-wise, at least in the beginning, I was very young, didn't have the beginning it is expected of one person so I kind of went with the flow. But there was something about the 30's. Probably from the internal pressure on myself and the wonderful outside pressure of my family. Come one, I am the oldest of my cousins, from my generation I felt like I had to set the example...of course you have to get a job, husband, house, kids....Christmas dinners were always fun.

Of course (cliché-moment-incoming)..every girl dreams and wishes to be loved and love and return. Have a family..be successful, be happy, spend the rest of your life with someone. I wanted that. Sure! Send them in!

Turns out the 30's only mark the beginning of your body getting slower, you are not as flexible as you were in ballet classes, you most definitely not be able to touch your toes anymore, you need the whole weekend to cure that bloody awful hangover from Friday night (oh tequilla) and you most definitely need to run further and fastest in order to lose those the same calories from that chocolate Milka Oreo bar. Fun fun fun...

From some time in my 28's or something, I though, I always wanted the things to happen in the now..but they never came. Dammit, they should happen soon right? They are happening for everyone else..any minute now..but I had to wait, I always had to wait and it was not fair. What was I doing wrong? I am being patient and careful, baby steps here and there...and yet I always felt like I was behind in the time frame I had set for myself. In my 32's and a half (hey 33's!!) I am back at the beginning of the time frame. Freeking great! Maybe the third time over the rainbow is the charm?

No comments:

Post a Comment