Monday 27 June 2016

His friends

While trying to imagine my future (although I shouldn't) I try to imagine what I would want the other person to be, what I like that the other person would be, you know, minimum requisites. Again, although I shouldn't and it's completely stupid because it sets an insane amount of unreal expectations, I cannot help but wonder off sometimes.

One aspect of it that I don't think I thought of before is how I would like HIS FRIENDS to be like. Let's be real, when things cool off from the honeymoon phase where you have eyes for no one else, the friends part start to come into action. And it's true, when you are not by yourselves you are with friends, weather them being his, hers or common, it just comes with the package. And I'll be honest, I enjoyed very much HIS (the ex) FRIENDS. It was a great support system, they were funny, enjoyable, relatable, we spent a lot of time together, many many holidays shared, it was so easy...and I could just totally imagine that happy and great group of people being part of my life when I was older. Sharing more holidays, talk about kids, looking back on old pictures, etc...The same for him being integrated in MY groups of friends. It's unfair that I lost such a big amount of people all at once.

I didn't realize back then, the level of importance it takes in a relationship. Weather you like it or not, if you want to be in a relationship or to marry that person you are also in a relationship with his friends, his parents, his life, his job, even his country. It's a huge part of it. I have been thinking (in my imaginary and exaggerated way of foreshadowing my life..which of course has been fruitless so far) on how I would want HIS FRIENDS to be like. Welcoming, fun, easy-going, doing sports, sharing interests who knows, going out, doing fun stuff at the weekends, etc...Almost as demanding as I would envision my ideal person (or minimum-requisites-person) to be like.


Dreaming is Ok-ish, as long as you're aware of how far-fetched and unrealistic your dreams are (mine are) and you start living a little bit more. I wonder sometimes, but then I push all those ideas and feelings aside to live in the reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment