Tuesday 12 July 2016

The couple's group

The dreaded day has come, I am now the only single person in my friends' group here. And let me say this, it kind of sucks a little bit.

Also, this particular group of people (or should I say couples) don't usually go out at night. During the day yes, but at night it's dinner and off to home. No drinks, or going out, or dancing, or going to a bar. Very rarely I might say. Although I understand that when you are in a couple you tend to stay more in the coziness of home enjoying a movie or simple one another, you are already comfortable with your partner so you don't need to impress them with dates and drinks any more and you tend to slack more, I was not like that and I don't like that lifestyle. When I was in a relationship I still enjoyed drinks and cocktails, going out to a bar until late, go dancing....sure, there were nights that we would stay in but at least on Fridays or Saturdays there was something to do, and it was fun....I miss it a lot. Now my Fridays and Saturdays night are at home. Fun...And it's not a matter or suggesting to the friends to go out and have a drink..usually the response is not so great. Hell, even when Portugal was champion we all went home after watching the game. When I was in Portugal, even though with his friends and mostly couples we would go out a lot, it was fun!

Another thing that has disappeared or let's say reduced by a million is going to concerts. I used to do it a lot, concerts, festivals, I enjoyed it, dancing, a intimate concert in a bar or disco, a huge festival with all my favorite bands, I had someone with whom I shared the same taste in music, and his friends as well. Now, not so much..a huge emptiness of people and friends to share it with. So many possible fun times wasted in my good years. I fell all of this is slipping through my fingers, wasted time, wasted opportunities, wasted memories.  

And it's not only that, it's getting a toll on me to be around them when it's only couples. They are my best friends and the closest family here but it starts to wear me out and I need to be in a different environment, lighter, where I don't feel the pressure to be the only one, to not interrupt a couple, to not be in the middle for example. However it is not easy to escape and have alternatives, meet new people, hang out with other people or other groups, there is not much of an alternative....but I guess that one is my fault, I also slacked on that part I think. I have to do something about that otherwise I will go crazy and feel lonely all the time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment